- 4 cup Fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/4 cup Apricot White Balsamic
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tbsp Lime zest
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom ground
- 1 batch Sweet Olive Oil Pastry
- In a large pot place blackberries, and allow to un-thaw if frozen. If using fresh berries, mash a little to extract some of the juices. Add in Apricot White Balsamic and lime juice, stirring to combine.
- In a small bowl or glass, place white sugar, ground cardamom, lime zest and cornstarch and mix to remove any lumps. Add to blackberries and mix well to combine. Simmer over medium heat and bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally.
- Roll out half the pastry on a well-floured counter top into a 12-inch circle and place in the bottom of a 9" pie shell. Pour blackberry filling into the pie crust and set aside. Preheat oven to 425*F.
- Carefully weave the strips of pastry over top of the blackberry filling, creating a lattice pattern. Place pie in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes, turn down heat to 325*F and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and allow to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.