Caprese Salmon Cakes
These come together in a flash and are packed with flavour - pesto fans will love the bright basil flavour in these salmon cakes and the soft sundried tomatoes dotted throughout.
- 2 cans Good quality salmon or 2 cups leftover salmon drained
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 tbsp West Coast Salmon Rub
- 3 tbsp Basil Olive Oil divided
- ¼ Red onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Pesto Genovese
- 2 tbsp Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes chopped
Combine all ingredients together, reserving 2 tbsp olive oil then divided into 4 portions - form 4 salmon cakes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up cakes that will keep their shape while cooking.
Preheat nonstick skillet with remaining olive oil over medium heat, then cook cakes on each side for 3-4 minutes, until cakes are golden brown. Remove from heat and blot on paper towels. Serve with a mix of greens lightly tossed with a light vinaigrette for lunch or supper!