Caprese Salmon Cakes
These come together in a flash and are packed with flavour - pesto fans will love the bright basil flavour in these salmon cakes and the soft sundried tomatoes dotted throughout.
- 2 cans Good quality salmon or 2 cups leftover salmon drained
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg beaten
- 3 tbsp West Coast Salmon Rub
- 3 tbsp Basil Olive Oil divided
- ¼ Red onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Pesto Genovese
- 2 tbsp Oil packed sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- Combine all ingredients together, reserving 2 tbsp olive oil then divided into 4 portions - form 4 salmon cakes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up cakes that will keep their shape while cooking.
- Preheat nonstick skillet with remaining olive oil over medium heat, then cook cakes on each side for 3-4 minutes, until cakes are golden brown. Remove from heat and blot on paper towels. Serve with a mix of greens lightly tossed with a light vinaigrette for lunch or supper!