Olive Oil Master Class hosted by Emily
Up to 10 people
Olive Oil From Branch To Bottle
What you’ll do
An Olive Oil Master Class with a comprehensive deep dive that scratches the surface of the world of olive oil. You’ll walk away knowing how to effectively read an olive oil bottle, product label and be confident in your purchasing decisions.
From sharing fun unique ways to incorporate this historic, healthy and delicious ingredient in everyday life, we’ll dive into olive varieties, growing regions, and modern and traditional milling methods, and be confident in how everything affects the taste of your olive oil.
You’ll be guided through a professional olive oil tasting, using a certified International Olive Oil Council cobalt blue tasting glass, and you’ll experience olive oil at its finest. Organoleptic and Sensory evaluation of positive attributes and common defects is the key focus. Sharing producer stories, grower experiences, diving into health benefits, chemistry analysis, this course is comprehensive and thorough.
Master Class Structure
- Introduction to olive oil
- Prepare to Taste – The anatomy of taste, understanding the palate and how we taste
- What really is Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Modern and Traditional Methods of Making Olive Oil
- The Olive Oil Tasting Glass – How to Taste Olive Oil
- Olive Oil Tasting – Review of Positive Organoleptic Qualities and Understanding Olive Oil Defects
- Decoding Olive Oil Labels
- Olive Oil Chemistry – What you really want to see on an olive oil bottle
- Cooking with Olive Oil – How to use it best, every day.
Finish the course feeling confident in your olive oil purchases, understand what Extra Virgin Olive Oil really is, as well as all the other grades.
Know how to taste olive oil and easily identify a quality olive oil.
Understand the basics of culinary pairings and be confident using extra virgin olive oil at home every day.
Taste 6 Olive Oils
Taste with an official tasting glass
Earn a Certificate
Meet your host, Emily
Master Class Outcomes
What you will learn in the Olive Oil Master Class