- 1 recipe Olive Oil Pie Dough
- 4 Large baking apples washed
- ½ cup Rolled oats
- ¼ cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon divided
- ¼ tsp Fleur de Sel
- ¼ cup Chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup Raisins
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- 1 Egg beaten
- 2 tbsp Demerara sugar
- Preheat oven to 375*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Core apples, then scoop out more to allow enough room to stuff apples. In a small bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients, creating a crumbly mixture.
- Roll out pie dough ¼" thick, in as close to a rectangle shape as possible. Cut pastry into 4 even pieces and set aside.
- Place each cored apple in the centre of the pastry, then fill each cavity with as much filling as you can - but don't pack it, or apple won't bake evenly. Fold corners of dough up above the apple, stretching if needed, but careful not to tear dough. Twist dough together at the top and press down side of apple. Repeat with each apple and set onto prepared baking sheet.
- Chill pastry wrapped apples in freezer for 10 minutes then bake apples for 30 minutes. Cool on a baking rack then serve with a healthy scoop of ice cream.