These cookies are a staple in our house, especially in the winter season when the olive oil is fresh and ginger is the best spice! Enjoy with a hot cup of tea on a stormy winter day.
Triple Ginger Cookies
- 2/3 Cup fruity Arbequina EVOO
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 1/4 cup turbino or corse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine until mixed.
- In separate large mixing bowl with hand mixer, cream egg, orange zest and sugar until blended, then drizzle in olive oils, mixing until combined. Add molasses to creamed mixture and mix till combined. Now add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, stirring in candied ginger and stir with wooden spoon til evenly mixed
- Scoop and roll dough into small balls with wet hands, about 2 tbsp each for large cookies. In shallow dish, add 4 tbsp sugar then roll balls in sugar. Place cookie dough balls 2 inches apart and press down lightly, slightly flattening dough, repeating until sheet is full.
- Bake in oven for 7-9 min until lightly browned on bottom for a soft chewy cookie, 9-10 for a firmer, crisp cookie. Cool cookies on sheet tray for 5 minutes before moving to cooling rack. Store in airtight container to keep cookies soft and chewy.