- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Fleur de Sel
- 1 Large egg beaten
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 2 cups Cold water
- 1 cup Fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon zest
- ¼ cup Peach Honey Jam Olive oil
- ½ cup Rose Water Syrup chilled
- ¼ cup Walnuts or pistachios finely chopped
- Stir together all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add in beaten egg and lemon juice, and slowly begin stirring in water until batter is thinner than pancake batter, closer to a crepe batter. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, jam and lemon zest then set aside.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and brush with a tsp of olive oil. Spoon 1 tbsp of batter on hot skillet and spread out batter into a thin circle. Cook pancake until batter begins to bubble then remove to plate – no flipping here! Fill each pancake with a tsp of the ricotta filling, then press edges together to seal. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Add enough olive oil in a deep skillet to come up 1” the side. Heat over medium heat to 350*F and fry each pancake until golden brown (3-4 minutes) and remove from oil to a paper towel lined plate. Drizzle each pancake generously with the rose water syrup and then dip into chopped walnuts or pistachios. Repeat with all remaining pancakes and then sift icing sugar over top before serving.