Athenian Eggplant Dip with Dill
A flavour packed vegetarian dip that works awesome as a dip, a sandwich spread, or a topper to a grilled portabella or chicken.
- 2 large eggplants
- ½ cup Wild Dill Olive Oil divided
- 2 cups Cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ Red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup Flat leaf parsley chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp Capers drained
- ¼ cup Fresh dill chopped
- ¼ tsp Fleur de Sel
- 2 tbsp Veggie Garnish
- Preheat oven to 350*F. With a fork, prick eggplants all the way around about 12 times, then drizzle with 2 tbsp Dill Olive Oil. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 turning regularly until tender.
- Cut open the eggplant and scoop out the inside and discard the skin. Roughly chop the eggplant and place in a bowl. Add to bowl remaining ingredients the remaining cup of Wild Dill Olive Oil. Mix and top with Metropolitan Chef Sea Salt Fusion Veggie Garnish. Serve at room temperature and it's best the day it is made. Serve with pita or as a side with your next Greek inspired meal.
Recipe created by our good friend Gail McCully of Metropolitan Chef!