Apple Crisps In A Mug
Apple crisp that travels well! The crumble is our favorite part truthfully - hints of lemon pop and provide some pep to a classic dessert!
- 4 Apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Lemon zZ
- ¼ cup Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- ⅔ cup Brown Sugar divided
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- ⅔ cup Flour divided
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon divided
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger divided
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Fleur de Sel
- Step 1 - Preheat oven to 375*F and brush 6 mason jars or small ramekins with 1-2 tbsp Eureka Lemon Olive Oil, then place jars on a baking tray. In a bowl, stir together ½ cup flour, oats, ½ cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, ginger and ¼ tsp nutmeg. fleur de sel. Add in olive oil and maple syrup, stirring mixture until it forms a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
- Step 2 - In a large bowl, combine fruit with lemon zest, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, ¼ cup brown sugar, and ¼ cup flour. Divide fruit among mason jars or chosen baking vessels, filling ¾ full, pressing down lightly. Top each jar with ¼ cup topping and bake for 15-18 minutes, until filling is bubbly and topping golden brown. Top with a scoop of Vanilla gelato and a drizzle of caramel sauce - prepare for adoration and praise!
As a base recipe, this Apple Crisp is fantastic and classic – but do experiment by switching out the cranberries for pears, raspberries, blueberries for half the apples… mix it up! Ensure to use baking apples that won't collapse in the jar/baking vessel - Granny Smiths are perfect!