Apple Pork Sausage
Because DIY! Because having things at the ready that are delicious and homemade are things we like around here!
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- ½ cup Red Onion finely minced
- 2 Garlic Coves finely minced
- 1 Large apple finely diced
- 2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp Fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- ½ tsp Fleur de Sel
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-low heat, then add fennel seeds to pan. Toast for 4-5 minutes, or until becomes fragrant. Pour seeds into a mortar and pestle and grind to a coarse grind. Raise heat to medium then add 1 tbsp olive oil and begin sauteéing onion and garlic until softened, but just golden brown – approximately 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, add all remaining ingredients and stir together, evenly distributing throughout sausage mix. Mixture can be cooked, crumbled for stuffing or pressed into patties for breakfast, or shaped into sliders (with the addition of an egg and some panko!)
This sausage is a great breakfast patty option, subs in for a slider for a quick dinner and gives you a yummy homemade sausage mixture for any number of uses. Freeze these in small flattened golf ball sized patties for quick use.