Beef Carnitas and Roasted Veg Quesadillas
- 4 Large flour tortillas
- 3 tbsp Aji Verde Chili Oil
- 1 Zucchini sliced lengthwise
- 1 Red bell pepper seeded, cut in half
- ½ Red onion thickly sliced
- 2 cups Mozzarella grated
- 2 cups Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas
- Preheat oven to 400*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, add all sliced veggies and gently toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, reserving 1 tbsp. Season veg with fleur de sel and cracked pepper. Spread veggies over baking sheet and roast for 12-14 minutes, turning over halfway through roast. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice peppers, zucchini and onions into thick slices when cool enough to handle. Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Preheat oven (if reheating ingredients) to 300*F to keep cooked quesadillas warm. Brush a tortilla with a little remaining olive oil and lay oil side down in skillet. Sprinkle ½ of tortilla with ¼ cup grated cheese, then quickly spread out ¼ cups beef carnitas, roasted veg evenly, then top with a little bit more cheese. Fold other side of tortilla over top filling and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until tortillas begin to brown evenly. Flip over gently, trying to keep filling inside and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from heat rest on a baking sheet in the oven to keep warm. . Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling, then slice each quesadillas into 2-3 wedges. Serve with your favourite toppings - sour cream, guacamole, tomato salsa or tomatillo sauce.