Blackened Salmon Tacos
Tacos should be had in every meal of the day - breakfast, lunch, second lunch, and dinner - end your day with these fresh, bright and tart soft tacos - and pretty healthy to boot! Feel free to dollop on some cooling greek yogurt or sour cream or some homemade Red Enchilada Sauce!
- 1 lb Salmon fillets 1 ½" thick
- 1 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Fleur de Sel
- ½ tsp Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Mexican Oregano
- 8 Small flour or corn tortillas
- 1 cup Radishes thinly sliced
- 2 cups Kale
- 1 cup Cilantro chopped
- 1 Mango thinly sliced
- 1 Lime juiced (approx. 2 tbsp)
- 1 ½ tbsp Lime Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Fleur de Sel
- Pickled Red Onions
- Toast cumin in a nonstick pan for 4-5 minutes over medium heat, or until cumin is fragrant. Remove from heat and grind finely in a mortar and pestle along with oregano. Combine spices together, mixing well. Sprinkle over top both sides of fish, pressing to adhere. Sear salmon on a non-stick pan for 2 minutes per side, then remove from heat. Flesh should be pale pink and cooked through, but not dry.
- Wrap tortillas in a clean kitchen towel and warm in a microwave for 1 minute to soften. Toss together radishes, kale, and cilantro with lime juice and fleur de sel and Persian Lime Olive Oil.
- Assemble tacos with slaw on bottom of tortilla, followed by pieces of seared salmon, more torn fresh cilantro, mango slices and several slices of Pickled Red Onions and serve warm.