Chocolate Swirl Marshmallows
- ⅔ cup Water divided
- 3 envelopes Unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Granulated white sugar
- 1 cup Light corn syrup
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 2 tsp Almond extract
- ¼ cup Chocolate Hazelnut Spread or your favourite chocolate spread
- ¼ cup Cocoa powder
- Line a 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper, pressing in tightly to fit paper into corners, but leaving an overhang of at least 1-2" so you can lift from pan your marshmallow. Dust pan with icing sugar lightly and set aside.
- Stir together ⅓ cup water in a stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment and sprinkle gelatin powder over top, stirring in gently just to moisten -let sit for 5 minutes. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add remaining water, sugar, corn syrup, fleur de sel and simmer until reaches 240*F.
- Turn mixer on to low and begin slowly pouring in hot syrup down the inside of the mixer bowl into gelatine mixture. Once all sugar mixture has been added, increase speed to high and beat for 10-15 minutes - mixture will turn opaque then white and bowl will cool from hot to lukewarm. Add in almond extract at the last minute of beating, mixing in for just a minute until well blended.
- Lightly oil a spatula and spread mixture in baking dish evenly, pressing into corners and smoothing top. Drop spoonfuls of chocolate spread on marshmallows, then swirl in with a table knife, marbling the marshmallows. Let sit for about 1 hr to set.Step 5 - Once cooled, lift marshmallows from pan by lifting edges of parchment paper and set on a cutting board. In a shallow dish, add 1 cup icing sugar and set next to cutting board. With a wet knife, slice marshmallows into desired shapes sifted over cocoa powder, coating marshmallows. Store in an airtight container and separate layers with parchment paper.