Brown Sugar Espresso Shortbread
- ¼ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Butter Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Icing sugar
- 2 tbsp Brewed espresso room temperature
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Fleur de Sel
- 3 oz Dark chocolate finely chopped
- 2 tsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Beat together butter until fluffy with a hand mixer, for about 3-4 minutes. Mix together olive oil and espresso the alternatively mix in olive oil mixture and icing sugar into butter, ⅓ at a time ending with the icing sugar. Sift together flour, fleur de sel and spices until well mixed then begin mixing into dough, stirring just till combined.
- Gather dough into a ball and pat together. Divide dough into 3 and roll into firm logs. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm dough.
- Preheat oven to 375*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice rolls into cookies about 1/2" thick and place 1" apart on prepared baking sheet. Dock cookies with a fork or toothpick evenly all over dough. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until dough firm in the centre. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 10 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
- While cookies cool, melt chopped chocolate in a microwave in 15 seconds increments, stirring in between until melted, or on the stove using a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, stir in Blood Orange Olive Oil until well mixed. Dip cookies into chocolate then set on a piece of parchment paper until set - can speed this up by refrigerating. Store in an airtight container.