Chicken Apricot Tagine
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ cup Robust EVOO divided
- 2 tbsp Apricot White Balsamic
- 1 Red onion chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Cinnamon Stick or 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1 Preserved Lemons rind only, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Lemon Brined Olives pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Dried apricots chopped
- ½ cup Raisins
- Toast cumin in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove from heat and pour in a mortar and pestle and grind to a fine grind.
- In a large bowl, toss to coat chicken, onions and garlic with spices, 3 tbsp EVOO and vinegar. Let sit at least 1 hour or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat a deep skillet with a lid or a heat safe tagine over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp EVOO and begin searing chicken, cooking and flipping meat for 4-5 minutes. Add in onions, garlic, chicken stock, lower heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Add in olives, dried fruit and preserved lemons, stir gently and recover. Cook for 5-7 more minutes, before serving alongside a saffron couscous salad.