- 2 cups Basil Marinara warmed
- 3 tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
- 4 Chicken breast boneless and skinless
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Fleur de Sel divided
- 1½ tsp Cracked Penja Black Pepper divided
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cups Panko
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In one deep container, beat eggs until well mixed. In a separate container, mix together flour and spices (reserving 1 tsp of both fleur de sel and pepper), then set aside. In a third container, add panko.
- If chicken breast are on the large side, place chicken in between parchment paper and pound with a meat mallet until 1" thick. Cut in half if chicken is a rather large size after flattening chicken. Lay out all chicken on a plate and season with reserved fleur de sel and pepper on both sides.
- Coat seasoned chicken in flour mixture, shaking off excess, then coating in egg, then cover in panko, pressing to adhere panko to chicken. Move to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Preheat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat, then once hot (about 350°F), cook 1-2 pieces of chicken on both sides in the skillet, about 3-4 minutes per side - be careful not to crowd the pan or chicken won't crisp up and will soak up oil. Remove chicken to a baking sheet and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Ladle ¼-1/3 cup sauce and then sprinkle on ½ cup grated cheese on each chicken breast. Bake chicken in the oven for 8-10 minutes, removing when chicken reaches internal temperature of 165F. Serve hot alongside greens or your favourite pasta.