Apple Cider Swirl Marshmallows
- ⅔ cup Apple Cider divided
- 3 Envelopes Unflavoured Gelatin
- 1 cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 cup Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- ¼ cup Caramel or Dulce de Leche Sauce
- Line a 9x13" baking dish with parchment paper, pressing in tightly to fit paper into corners, but leaving an overhang of at least 1-2" so you can lift from pan your marshmallow. Dust pan with icing sugar lightly and set aside.
- Stir together ⅓ cup apple cider in a stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment and sprinkle gelatin powder over top, stirring in gently just to moisten - let sit for 5 minutes. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, add remaining apple cider, sugar, corn syrup, fleur de sel and simmer until reaches 240*F.
- Turn mixer on to low and begin slowly pouring in hot syrup down the inside of the mixer bowl into gelatine mixture. Once all sugar mixture has been added, increase speed to high and beat for 10-15 minutes - mixture will turn opaque then white and bowl will cool from hot to lukewarm. Add in vanilla at the last minute of beating, mixing in for just a minute until well blended.
- Lightly oil a spatula and spread mixture in baking dish evenly, pressing into corners, then dollop spoonfuls of caramel sauce over top marshmallow. Swirl in with a table knife, gently spreading through marshmallows. With oiled spatula, smooth top gently. Let sit for about 1 hr to set.
- Once cooled, lift marshmallows from pan by lifting edges of parchment paper and set on a cutting board. In a shallow dish, add 1 cup icing sugar and set next to cutting board. With a wet knife, slice marshmallows into desired shapes and toss in icing sugar. Store in an airtight container and separate layer with parchment paper.