Family favorite dish that never gets old ! Our Wild Mushroom & Sage Olive Oil makes this even better, bring out more earthiness from the mushrooms and sage depth to the sauce - so good, it might convert non mushroom lovers!
- 1 ½ lbs Sirloin steak sliced against the grain, ¼ inch thick
- ¼ cup Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil divided
- 1 tsp Steak and Rib Rub
- ¼ tsp Cracked Penja Black Pepper
- ⅓ cup Red onion thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 4 cups Cremini mushrooms thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs Fresh thyme
- ¼ cup Flour
- ½ cup Red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup Beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Sour cream
- ½ cup Green peas thawed if frozen
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tbsp Wild Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil over medium heat. Season meat in a small bowl with Steak and Rib rub and black pepper then add to pan - do not crowd pan, sear in two batches to avoid crowding the pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes then flip meat and cook another 2 minutes before removing to a plate - repeat with second batch if needed.
- Heat remaining Mushroom and Sage Olive Oil in pan and add onions, garlic, thyme and mushrooms. Deglaze pan with red wine or ½ cup broth, and cook for 6-7 minutes until onions soften. In a measuring glass, stir together remaining beef broth, Worcestershire sauce and flour. Add to pan, once mushrooms and onions have begun to caramelize. Stir sauce to blend in flour then stir in sour cream, creating a smooth sauce. Add green peas after about 4-5 minutes. Serve over egg noodles and garnish with chopped flat leaf parsley.