This classic drink is not to be trifled with. Brazilian Lemonade is delicious, creamy, tart and sweet, this summer beverage is always a winner, with adults and kids alike.
Blending in a creamy bright olive oil, like Hojiblanca, is perfect here to balance the citrus and compliment the sweetness from the milk. If you can find a Brazilian olive oil, it’s definitely a fun one to try here as well! The olive oil gives the drink an even creamier texture and mouth feel. It’s a match made in heaven. I would love to use this olive oil here, if I couldn’t find an hojiblanca, as it is fruity on the palate and not to peppery.
- 2 small limes one for garnish
- 6 cups cold water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 8 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- Rinse the limes.
- Thinly slice the lime, including the rind and place in the bowl of a blender. Add in the sugar and 1 cup of water and blend until well blended and no large pieces of lime remain.
- Add in the lime juice, remaining water, condensed milk and olive oil and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Fill glasses half filled with ice and top with the lemonade mixture.
- Slice the remaining lime into rounds or wedges and add to glasses to garnish.
- Serve immediately 🙂