Brioche Apple French Toast
Brioche is the best! The eggy and spiced french toasted is just made better by the apple topping - surprise guests with this one on a cozy fall morning! And breakfast for dinner is always a good thing too!
- 6 slices Thick cut Brioche
- 3 Eggs beaten
- ¼ cup Milk
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Blood Orange Olive OIl
- 2 Apples peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Cinnamon Pear Dark Balsamic
- Topping: In a non-stick pan, add Blood Orange Olive Oil and warm over medium heat. Add apple slices and brown sugar. Stir and toss together for 4-5 minutes, softening apples. Add in vinegar and stir and cook for 3 minutes, until sauce reduces and thickens. Keep warm in a pan until ready to top the French toast.
- Preheat oven to 300*F and place a baking sheet in the oven. In a shallow dish, beat together eggs, milk and spices. Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. When pan is hot, dip bread in egg mixture for the briefest of seconds, flip over and repeat briefly - too long of a soak will leave you with soggy French toast. Add slice of dipped bread to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, browning each side of the toast. Repeat process with remaining slices of bread and keep warm in oven until all slices are finished.
- Serve each slice of French toast with generous serving of warm apple slices and a sprinkling of icing sugar if desired.