Broccoli With Cheese Sauce
A classic is a classic and we fully support the nostalgia of this dish! The Lemon Olive Oil presents a tweak on the cheese sauce and will certainly help in getting broccoli into little ones - or grown ups alike! Who doesn't love a cheesy dip!?
- 2 Broccoli heads cut into large florets
- ¼ cup Eureka Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Fleur de Sel divided
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup Monterey Jack or mozzarella grated
- 1 Garlic clove pressed
- ½ tsp Cayenne powder
- ¼ cup Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Veggie Garnish
- Par boil broccoli for 2 minutes in a pot of boiling water. Drain and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, garlic puree and flour to pan, stirring with a whisk to blend for 3-4 minutes. Once mixture is thickened and smooth, whisk in milk, stirring to combine and smooth sauce. Stir in grated cheese and cayenne powder, stirring to melt cheese and smooth sauce. Serve drizzled over roasted broccoli or in a ramekin for dipping. Sprinkle on 1 tbsp of Veggie Garnish for extra punch of yum!
For some heat and a tweak on this classic, add 1/2 tbsp finely chopped up chipotle pepper or Chipotle Infused Olive Oil and stir into cheese sauce. Also try roasting broccoli at 400*F for a deeper flavor.