Caramelized Onion Tomato Tart
- 1 Olive Oil Pastry crust recipe
- 4 tbsp Basil Olive Oil or EVOO divided
- 2 tsp Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic
- ¼ cup Caramelized onions
- ¼ Red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Large tomatoes sliced 1” thick
- 5 Small cherry tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup Goat cheese crumbled
- ½ cup Mozzarella shredded
- ½ tsp Fleur de Sel and cracked Black Pepper divided
- Fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry dough to a round shape ¼" thick. Transfer rolled out pastry to a tart shell pan and with a fork, dock the pastry all over the cover pastry with parchment paper. Fill pastry with pie weights and bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on baking rack.
- In a non-stick pan over medium heat, saute red onion with 1 tbsp Basil Olive Oil or EVOO, balsamic and a pinch of fleur de sel and cracked black pepper for 4-5 minutes, before onions begin to brown, but have softened.
- Spread caramelized onions over tart shell evenly, then spread sauteed red onion evenly. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese randomly around tart, sprinkle with half of the shredded mozzarella, then lay on top the thinly sliced zucchini and both tomatoes evenly. Sprinkle the whole tart filling with remaining fleur de sel, pepper and fresh thyme. Drizzle tart with remaining olive oil.
- Place tart on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. For a more caramelized tart, broil at 500°F for 3-4 minutes after baking for 10 min. Let tart cool on a baking rack for 7-8 minutes before unmolding from tin. Slice and serve in wedges.