Cheesy Mac N Cheese
The combo of the Butter Olive Oil and EVOO provide a creamy vegan friendly sauce that has flavour but a little bit of bite! This cheesy sauce is creamy, dreamy and makes for a rocking mac n cheese - kids and adults will enjoy!
- 1 lb Dried small pasta Tortiglioni, Elbow, Penne – your favorite!
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Butter Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Mild EVOO
- ¼ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- ½ tsp Dry mustard
- 1 tsp Fleur de Sel
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 ½ cup Aged cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella grated
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then cook pasta according to package directions. Cook until just al dente - still having some bite, but not gummy. Drain and set aside. Chop ½ cup of white cheddar cheese into 1/2" cubes, then grate remaining cheddar cheese.
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, heat both olive oils and then whisk in flour. Cook for 2-3 minutes then add in fleur de sel, cracked pepper and dry mustard, stirring to combine. Slowly pour in milk and chicken stock, whisking sauce until smooth and blended.
- Begin stirring in grated cheddar and mozzarella cheeses until melted and smooth. Stir in cooked pasta into cheese sauce, stirring to coat pasta completely and sprinkle extra cheddar on top before serving.
Subbing the Butter Olive Oil for Garlic Olive Oil (or even Chipotle for some smoky heat) is a fun tweak on this recipe!