Chili Lime Cornbread
- ⅓ cup Mexican Spice Olive Oil or Aji Verde Chili Oil
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup White sugar
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- ¼ cup Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp Lime zest
- Brush muffin tin with 2 tbsp of Fused Chili Olive Oil and preheat oven to 350*F.
- In a large bowl, beat 1/3 cup of olive oil and eggs together, then mix in sugar, cornmeal, flour and soda and beat well to combine. Pour in buttermilk and lime juice continuing to mix well.
- Pour batter into muffin tins ¾ full and bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with butter or Butter Infused Olive Oil.