Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
Christmas Traditions must be met! This rich chocolate cookies are chewy and fun to eat as you're rocking around the Christmas tree! But, please - don't deprive yourself - make them all year round!
- 1 cup Flour
- ½ cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Fleur de Sel
- 1 cup Granulated white sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Peppermint extract
- 3 oz Dark chocolate finely chopped
- ¼ cup Fruity EVOO
- ¼ cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Candy canes crushed (optional)
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, fleur de sel and set aside. Stir together sugar, eggs and peppermint. Melt over a double boiler dark chocolate, then whisk in olive oils. Add chocolate mixture to sugar mixture, whisking until combined. Chill dough in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour icing sugar into a bowl. Scoop tbsp sized balls of dough into the bowl and roll to coat completely, then set on prepared baking sheet 2" apart. Repeat with remaining dough.Step 3 - Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, until cookies crack and are puffed. Cool on sheets for 7-8 minutes, to move to cooling rack for another 10 minutes.