This creamy and hearty soup makes everyone happy! Meat and potatoes, a thick creamy base with warm underlying spices, lots of veggies, and so much flavour! Serve with some crusty bread for complete New England perfection!
- 4 slices Bacon chopped
- ½ cup Red onion chopped
- ¼ cup Celery chopped
- 2 tbsp Mexican Spice Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter Olive Oil
- ½ cup Flour
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes diced
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1½ cups Milk
- 2 tsp Fresh Thyme
- 3 cups Corn kernels fresh or frozen
- 2 tsp Fleur de Sel
- 2 ½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Green onion chopped
- In a medium soup pot on medium heat, add chopped bacon and allow the fat to render. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until bacon is crispy but not burned. Remove bacon with slotted spoon and set aside on a paper towel to soak up the fat.
- Drain half of leftover bacon fat, then add Harissa and Butter Infused Olive Oils and flour. Stir with wooden spoon, mixing until combined to cook off the floury taste. Add chicken stock, milk, potato, and herbs (except fleur de sel and pepper), and using a whisk, stir until smooth and all floury lumps are blended into soup.
- Add corn and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 more minutes over medium-low to heat through and meld flavours. Stir in fleur de sel, pepper, and green onions. Taste and season further if needed.
- Serve with a sprinkle of reserved bacon and fresh chopped herbs. You can easily add seared prawns, chicken, or turkey for more variety and heartiness!
Delicious when garnished with green onions, chives, parsley, or whatever you have at home. When in doubt add extra bacon!