Cranberry Apple Butter
- 6 Apples peeled
- 1 cup Cranberries chopped
- ¾ cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup White sugar
- ¼ cup Cranberry Pear White Balsamic
- ¼ cup Bourbon optional
- ¼ cup Apple cider or juice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla bean paste or 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Cinnamon Stick or 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 rind Half of orange
- Chop peeled apple into 1-2" pieces and roughly chop cranberries and add to a large saucepan with all other ingredients.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5-6 hours. Let it simmer, reduce and intensify until it reaches a thick, jam like thickness and apple has cooked down to a puree.
- Remove orange rind, cinnamon stick and blend mixture using an immersion blender or a blender - be careful of heat coming out of your blender when processing.
- Hot water process if so desired, or freeze in small portions, or refrigerate for up to 10 days in an airtight container.