Not quite a chutney, not quite a jam, not exactly a mustard, this savoury Italian fruity spread is as versatile as they come... slather on toasted bread and top with tangy hard cheeses or spread over meats, serve as a side with charcuterie, it’s unique and dangerously addictive.
- 1 cup Blackberries
- 2 cups Apple chopped into 1” cubes
- 1 cup Black Cherry Jam
- 1 cup Dried apricots
- ¼ cup Raisins
- ½ cup White sugar
- ¼ cup Blackberry Ginger Dark Balsamic
- ¼ cup Traditional White Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tbsp Cognac Mustard
- ½ tbsp Lion Extra Strong Mustard
- 1 tbsp Brown Mustard Seeds
- ¼ tsp Crushed chili flakes
- ½ tsp Fleur de Sel
- ½ tsp Dry mustard powder
- 1 cup White wine
- 1 cup Water
- Stir together all ingredient in a saucepan and simmer together for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally as liquid reduces to a jam like thickness and dried fruit has plumped up.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month in the fridge. Serve alongside your favourite hard cheeses, pork roasts, chicken or sausages.