Caprese Style Quiche
- 1 recipe All Purpose Olive Oil pastry
- 4 Eggs beaten
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Flour
- 4 tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive Oil divided
- ¼ cup Fleur de Sel
- ⅛ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ cup Sweet Onions Confit
- 1 Plum tomato seeded and chopped
- ½ cup Bocconcini or fresh mozzarella
- 12 Basil leaves thinly sliced
- 1 Shallot thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Brush a 9 glass baking dish or cake pan with 1 tbsp Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and set aside. Cook pancetta or bacon until crisp in a non-stick pan over medium heat, then drain on paper towels.
- Roll out pastry crust to a ½" thick round. Place pastry into baking dish and begin trimming any excess pastry from outside of baking dish. Using two fingers, pinch the pastry edge, fluting the pastry between your fingers in a pretty pattern, or press the tines of a fork around the pie shell edge. Cover pastry with a small sheet of parchment paper, filling pie shell with baking weights, then bake for 10 minutes, until crust begins to lightly brown. Cool on a baking rack.
- Beat together eggs, milk, cream, Tuscan Herb, fleur de sel and pepper. Once pie shell has cooled slightly, fill with cherry tomatoes, pancetta, shallots, cheese and basil. Pour in egg mixture and top with parmesan cheese. Bake for 40 minutes, until eggs begin to set and lightly brown on top. Remove to a baking rack to cool to room temperature before cutting.