Spiced and not too sweet, oh this jam is, well - the best cherry jam ever. One batch is never enough… and remember if you give it as a gift, you’ll be expected to bring it everywhere you go! Pairs nicely with gorgonzola and on a charcuterie board.
- 4 cups Fresh or frozen cherries pitted and chopped
- 3 cups White sugar
- ¼ cup Orange Blossom Honey
- 3 tbsp Cherry Dark Balsamic
- ½ Lemon juiced
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon or 1 Cinnamon Stick
- ½ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Packet liquid pectin
- 1 tbsp Blood Orange Olive Oil
- Over medium high heat, add cherries and all other ingredients, except for pectin, in a large sauce pan, stirring to combine.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then reduce to medium low heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes, allowing fruit to break down and reduce.
- Bring back to a rolling boil and stir in pectin and cook a further 5 minutes. Remove star anise and cinnamon stick from jam.
- Begin filling sterilized jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Cool jars on a clean tea towel until cooled to room temperature or cooler. Check to see if lids have sealed - if any haven't sealed completely, store in the fridge and use within 2 weeks of opening.